Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Getting Ready for Next Year

I began putting together my website for next year and it's a huge job. Every year I like to change some of the things I have students work with, i.e., common phrases, idioms, homework, etc. Every change I make has to connect with everything else I'm doing. If I change a new vocabulary word, I then have to change the homework. I also like to add some things that weren't there last year. This year I'm adding another requirement in the form of presentations. This idea came to me from another student. Students will be required to present to the class a favorite song or a book they enjoyed reading. It will be up to them on how they want to present it. I was also waiting on test dates to complete my planning phase. I just got one set of dates, now I'm waiting for my second set. There will be some smaller changes that I learned this past year, but it's not worth mentioning here. This takes up a lot of my time during the summer, but it's all worth it when school starts. I really enjoy the planning, creating, and implementing a finished product for the students. I know they will appreciate it when they experience it. School is out, but I have three meetings this week on other school related matters.

4 comments:

Ron Fujihara, Sensei said...

Well, I worked most of the day and night on the web page and I almost completed one class. Still have one more class to go. I would like to finish all of this by the end of June.

Ron Fujihara, Sensei said...

I have finally finished all my lesson plans for the next semester for both classes. The only thing left to do is to tweak the links and update any information. Whew! That was a lot of work, but all worth it. Now, if I have time, I will start working on my lesson plans for the spring semester.

Ron Fujihara, Sensei said...

I would like to publish the steps I take in planning my class for a semester. I'm trying to figure out where I can put these documents on my blog page. The only place I see is a link for web pages. Maybe I will have to put them on the web.

Ron Fujihara, Sensei said...

I started working on the spring semester lessons, grammar, activities, tests, etc. It's a huge job and I just finished planning phase 2. Now the creation of lessons, tests, etc. This will take some time since there are 9 lessons per unit and there are 4 units to cover. And that is just the lessons. Sill got homework, grammar, tests, conversation, etc. to do yet.
You can view my planning process in the Favorite Link area.