Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Managed Enrollment

The new year brings new changes. We will be implementing a "modified" version of our managed enrollment program to my class next school year. We are modifying it because of the unique situation at my school. We also have H.S. students attending in our classrooms so space is at a premium and we don't have room for an overflow room. We are also changing the test schedule which is different from everyone else. So we are talking about some major changes that need to take place. My class will be the test class for this project. I have a meeting tomorrow to discuss all the particulars and details. This will change how my class will be set up. I'm looking forward to this with great anticipation. I have been waiting for this to happen for a looooong time! It has been working great at our other site and ALL of the teachers love it.

2 comments:

Ron Fujihara, Sensei said...

I just learned today that I will need to create tests for each of the units we are going to study this semester, which comes to 4 units with about 7 lessons in each unit. They also would like to have it accessible on the web. I hope I have some summer time left! I'm also working on some other things for the school as well.

Ron Fujihara, Sensei said...

I started looking around for testing software to create online tests and quizzes. I asked the network of experts and most of them responded with QUIA. I have heard of this before, but not actually reviewed it.I looked at some of the free sites, but they didn't offer the same things that Quia has. I put together a test and it was very easy to do. You can also import pictures, audio, files, etc. And there are a ton of reports that can be generated from the data. I also liked how it is able to track students as they take tests. There are many features to QUIA that I like very much. Our school is also looking at publishing a survey on the internet and Quia has that capability as well. I will, more than likely, purchase the service. I am thinking of publishing all my weekly quizzes now.